These last few years, email marketing strategies have grown to be more in-depth. The companies are no longer focusing on discounts and promotions only. What they prioritize now is content that matters to their audience, shopping integration, re-engagement campaigns, and more.
In 2023, it has been forecasted by Statistica that there will be 4.3 billion people who will use email. That means a brand yields $44 for every $1 they spend on their email marketing strategy on an average note. The email has been around for more than 50 years now. But it remains one of the most effective marketing tools to not only gain new customers but to retain old ones and to win their loyalty. Here are some of the benefits of email marketing.
1. LOW COSTOne of the biggest advantages of email marketing is its lower cost compared to other marketing methods. There are absolutely no print or postage costs and no fees paid to be on billboards, magazine or television channel. Email marketers mostly invest in specialist software to automate, track, and evaluate their emails. But the cost of this software is far lower than what you would expect to pay using other marketing channels.
2. DELIVER TARGETED MESSAGES
Email marketing can ensure that you send specific messages to the particular targeted audience by only sending emails to subscribers who meet particular criteria.
If a company has an offer only in some regions of the country, it can easily be arranged for emails to be sent only to those living in certain areas. For example, if there is a sale on baby products, it can be arranged for only those who have shown an interest in parenting to receive an email.
Email list segmentation works well for brands who gain information about their subscribers. Studies have shown that marketers who send targeted emails often boast improved engagement rates as a result.
3. DRIVE REVENUE
According to a report from Marketing Week, email generates around £29bn retail sales annually. Email marketing is excellent for taking advantage of impulse buying. Email newsletters can drive sales like a pro with a call to action and a link straight to the checkout. Email marketing is a tried and tested method used by hundreds of companies to improve revenue.
4. EASY TO GET STARTED
Email marketing doesn’t necessarily require a huge technical team to be successful. Most successful campaigns use simple plain text emails, as it’s the content of an email that is the most important thing.
Many email marketing platforms offer Drag & Drop Editors, which allow you to create extraordinary campaigns, quickly and easily.
5. EASY TO MEASURE PERFORMANCE AND SHARE
Another benefit of email marketing is that it’s easy to track your performance. Email marketing software help you to track open, click-through, and conversion rates, therefore you can easily make changes to optimize the campaign. These changes can be made immediately with ease.
Subscribers can forward existing offers to their friends at the click of a button. This way, subscribers could become brand evangelists.
More and more, we see brands cleverly utilizing this tactic, and the social proof has become a massive influence for online selling in recent years.
Latest posts by Toshendra Sharma (see all)
- Best Digital Marketing Tools To Grow Your Business - 23 October, 2019
- Reach vs Impressions: The More Important Factor - 17 October, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide For Instagram Insights - 11 October, 2019
- How Google Analytics Can Help Your Business? - 9 October, 2019
- Effective SEO Techniques That’ll Boost Your Search Traffic - 24 September, 2019